Looking for balance in your life? The first step is to look at the five relationships in your life that are affecting you on a daily basis. When you get these 5 in a healthy order, your life will immediately feel more balanced. It’s a simple change you can make right after listening to this episode.
What You’ll Learn in this Episode
- Five relationships in your life
- What these relationships mean in your life
- How you can be healthiest and in balance with your relationships
- Pen to paper exercise that will help you change your entire life.
- The healthy relationship hierarchy.
- The most important relationship in your life
- The most valuable relationship after you
- How you get to treat work
Nuggets of Wisdom from Shazia
- When your relationship hierarchy is out of sync, you are going to feel out of sync.
- The healthy relationship hierarchy looks like this: the first is God or your spiritual source, the second is yourself, the third is your spouse or your significant other, the fourth is friends and family, and the last is work or school or any sort of volunteering.
- Relationship is like a house, you need a strong foundation so that you can then build the next level. And then build the house and then fill it with the things that you need and that bring you joy and that make the house complete.
- You cannot provide for your kids unless you’re providing for yourself. The best modeling that you can do for your kids is to show them a mom who is nourished, who takes care of herself, who is peaceful, who is balanced, who is not off yelling at her kids because she is so overwhelmed and so stressed. So to solve that, you get to put yourself first.
- I recommend that you have at least 1 hour per week to yourself. Do something that makes you feel great. You can start with self care items like getting a massage, going for mani pedi , going out for coffee with a friend, reading a book… the list is endless of things that you can do.
- Your man, he really deserves your attention. If you give him priority, you can see him shift. And he can support you in a lot of ways.
- The extracurricular activities, they really come last. And what’s funny is that we often put that first.
- It’s not personal. It’s just business. Do your work. Do a good job but by no means sacrifice yourself.
- When you don’t fill up your cup and you’re trying to give out of emptiness, when you are trying to open up your home, your metaphorical home, but there’s no foundation and there’s no studs and there’s actually no home at all, you are not providing anything and that is being selfish.
Links from this Episode
Looking for more time? Here's 10 Secrets for You!
It's unlike what you’ve seen before (Hint: there's no secret about schedules!).
This is what you need to jumpstart your life again on the surface AND deep within. These secrets will uncover time to Live and LOVE Life.
Are you ready?