What to do when you show up to conduct your interview but the guest is still waiting for the journalist to come (aka the white 'man' they're expecting)? Malika Bilal, award winning journalist and show host, shares what happens 'behind the veil' of journalism. Speaking of, yes she wears hijab but more importantly, 'behind her veil', she's a talented and passionate woman bringing the real and hard hitting stories that make a difference. Nothing is untouched in this episode from suicide to being a woman of color to finding love at the perfect time in life. Listen in as the journalist becomes the guest - what a treat!
What You’ll Learn in this Episode
- What happens 'behind the veil' of journalism and why 'behind the veil' is an overplayed term for hijabis.
- Where Malika found love after 6 years (the inside story!)
- How to turn 'off' when you have a job that requires your brain to be on all day.
Nuggets of Wisdom from Malika
- Keep going even when it feels like you should stop and that is coupled with and believe in yourself... Being able to find confidence within yourself and believe yourself first because if you don't believe it then no one else will.
- Finding love is always about partnership as we think of it
- The most important stories are being listened to and heard
Links from this Episode
Looking for more time? Here's 10 Secrets for You!
It's unlike what you’ve seen before (Hint: there's no secret about schedules!).
This is what you need to jumpstart your life again on the surface AND deep within. These secrets will uncover time to Live and LOVE Life.
Are you ready?