Islamaphobia. On one side, people are afraid of Muslims. On the other side, Muslims are afraid of the people who hate them. What's going on and what can you do about it? Wardah Khalid - International Speaker, Activist, and Founder of Poligon National - shares the inside of what's really happening. Learn how she went from being a stable accountant to impacting an entire global community and how you can be a part of the greater change.
What You’ll Learn in this Episode
- Who is really behind Islamophobia and what you can do
- How to change your career when you're passionate about something else
- The crazy story of how two strangers (Wardah and Shazia) met in the big D (Detroit!)
Nuggets of Wisdom from Wardah
- Just Try. You don't have to take a huge leap at once - get your feet wet and see if you like it. If you want to write, start by writing SOMETHING.
- People who know a Muslim have a favorable opinion of them but only 1 out of 3 people in America know a Muslim. So be an active person in your community to make a difference (for example going to feed the homeless with a local group)
- Powerful change comes from lobbying and through Poligon (Wardah's non-profit organization), professional training is provided for how to lobby effectively.
Links from this Episode
Looking for more time? Here's 10 Secrets for You!
It's unlike what you’ve seen before (Hint: there's no secret about schedules!).
This is what you need to jumpstart your life again on the surface AND deep within. These secrets will uncover time to Live and LOVE Life.
Are you ready?