'Don't tell me I can't do anything.' Meet Melanie Elturk -- founder of Haute Hijab, Detroiter, and Fierce Visionary. With the help of someone laughing at her dream to make Hijab (the Muslim headcovering) mainstream, Melanie was LIT to make that dream a reality. Listen to Melanie's story and vision that took Hijab from hidden to being showcased at the storefront of The Gap...in EVERY SINGLE STORE WORLDWIDE.
What You'll Learn in this Episode
- Melanie's journey of leaving a successful legal career to pursue making hijab mainstream.
- Why Melanie created the first ever Luxury Hijab. Topping off at $325 for ONE hijab, these hijabs help 'you forget the negativity around hijab and see something that is stunning.'
- How she's not JUST a fashion brand - 'Doing something for fashion's sake only wouldn't sustain me. Being able to have real contribution to how people (muslims and non-muslims) look at hijab is so rewarding.'
Nuggets of Wisdom from Melanie
- Let your mind go there. Let your mind explore the possibilities of what is out there for you.
- If you have a vision, follow it. 'If someone thinks you're crazy, you're onto something.'
- Don’t take any BS from anyone. If you want something, go out there and grab it.
- 'If your intentions are pure, if you are doing things for the right reasons, not for fame, for glory, for money, but truly because you believe that’s what you are put on this earth to do, God will take you by the hand and He will open doors for you, you never thought could open.'
Links from this Episode
Looking for more time? Here's 10 Secrets for You!
It's unlike what you’ve seen before (Hint: there's no secret about schedules!).
This is what you need to jumpstart your life again on the surface AND deep within. These secrets will uncover time to Live and LOVE Life.
Are you ready?