This is THE mom episode. There's nobody better to speak about being a mom... The good times and the hard stuff, all in one. And while making you laugh while she's at it.
Meet Jyoti Chand, also known as @mamajotes, who comes on and speaks about her experience as a mom, woman, and human being trying to make her way into this world.
Jyoti is honest, hilarious, and if you've ever felt like you're the only mom who locks herself in the closet to cry, in the middle of the day, while your kids are running amuck in the background. Or that you want to kill your husband because somehow he missed the laundry basket by literally 2 inches... then this episode is for you.
For all the mamas out there, you're amazing! You're a supermom and even beyond being a mama, you're an incredible woman who gets to be seen for who she is. AND live out your dreams too.
What You’ll Learn in this Episode
- What it takes to see your self-worth
- Why there's no perfect way to be a mom
- How Jyoti found her purpose in life without having to sacrifice being a great mom or her dreams
Nuggets of Wisdom from Jyoti
- I was so blessed to be able to go through a lot of that journey before motherhood. I felt so compelled to go and share it with everyone else to be like, "Hey, look. It's hard. Don't let anyone tell you it's not hard. Life is hard. These things happen. Moments happen. People have mental health issues. You can talk about it."
- Everyone's energy is so much better. My children, my husband, everyone's better when I'm better... Everything gets handled better when I'm my best self.
- As mothers, we are allowed to have bad moments. We are allowed to have bad days as a mom and that does not make you a bad mom. Bad moments does not equal bad mom.