Listen to her fire and spark in this episode where she gets real about her passion for laughter but also for justice. Dynamic doesn't begin to describe this woman who came to the United States as a refugee, stood up to bullies, and continues to help people in their relationships and lives. And of course, tune in for lots of laughs!
What You'll Learn in this Episode
- Yasmin's experience as a child refugee and how socks changed her life.
- How she stood up the biggest bully in her school and smashed potatoes in his face (spoiler alert: he stopped bullying after that)
- Her biggest fears about herself and others
Nuggets of Wisdom from Yasmin
- There’s no reason to look at someone and not see the amazing potential that they could reach.
- Comedy connects with people and helps people not feel so alone. I can tell my story, laugh at myself, and help other people laugh at themselves too. That should be what we should do, so that we can have a positive attitude about life.
- If you are so scared to risk anything, you just end up paralyzing everything. You have to be willing to take a risk even if you fall on your face knowing that you have all this wholeness that you are created with.
- Every human being is created with their cup full, and if you could get to the point where you know that full cup is what is going to give you power to take that next step, nobody can take it away. That's what will give you hope.
Links from this Episode
Looking for more time? Here's 10 Secrets for You!
It's unlike what you’ve seen before (Hint: there's no secret about schedules!).
This is what you need to jumpstart your life again on the surface AND deep within. These secrets will uncover time to Live and LOVE Life.
Are you ready?