This episode is a special one for me! I interview my former senior level boss to hear her journey on becoming a C-level executive at a major global consulting firm. Susan Penfield, CIO of Booz Allen Hamilton, was my first female mentor and role model that showed me how to be yourself... even at the top.
Susan shares her own journey to senior leadership and how she's supporting other women to do the same.
This is a must listen if you are working for a company and looking to thrive in your career or if you're looking to be part of a company where you CAN thrive in your career!
What You’ll Learn in this Episode
- How Susan ended up in C-level suite at a major consulting firm
- What Susan is doing to drive the females in STEM agenda forward
- How you can stand out to move forward in leadership
Nuggets of Wisdom from Susan
- It really just drove deep that not everybody has what you do and you're pretty damn lucky to have what you have. So you need to be sure that you give back and that you're always 100% thinking about being in somebody else's shoes.
- Don't be complacent. Don't stand still. Be fearless. Be a life-long learner. Always be a positive force for good.
- Someone wants to help you. There are so many amazing people out there.