2 Emmy awards, 2 documentaries, a cover story in the New York Times, a book and a Peabody award? Each of those is enough for one person in a lifetime! Meet the journalist who holds claim to all those titles, Laila Al-Arian.
She exemplifies leadership as her mission is sharing the stories of many who would never be seen or heard. And this doesn't go without her own story of triumph over tragedy. This is a must listen if you have a heart for the downtrodden and oppressed.
What You’ll Learn in this Episode
- How Laila went from reading the local paper to winning 2 Emmys and writing her own book
- What to do when you've been blacklisted in your industry to come out on top
- The two simple words that taught Laila what it takes to get promoted
Nuggets of Wisdom from Laila
- "A lot of times we think, "Well, if I only work hard, someone will notice. And I'll get that promotion, or I'll get that award, or I'll get that recognition, or I'll get that gratitude or appreciation." And I realized actually, at least, where I was that's not the way it works."
- "Just having that realization that things don't necessarily come easily or automatically and that sometimes we have to think like a man... be your own best advocate and ask for more, especially if you deserve it."
- "Sometimes it is about taking risks and putting it out there. And if it doesn't work out, what did you lose? The potential for reward is a lot bigger than the potential for risks because if it doesn't work out, then it is status quo. But if it works out, the reward can be really big."
Links from this Episode
Looking for more time? Here's 10 Secrets for You!
It's unlike what you’ve seen before (Hint: there's no secret about schedules!).
This is what you need to jumpstart your life again on the surface AND deep within. These secrets will uncover time to Live and LOVE Life.
Are you ready?