Can you imagine not being able to choose what you wear? Being told you can't work? And not being able to marry someone of your choice?
These three simple things are what Aekta Kapoor, Editor and Publisher of eShe magazine, discovered young women in rural India want. In a time highlighting women's liberation, there are women in the world still fighting for their basic right to wear, work, and wed.
What You’ll Learn in this Episode
- How just a table and chair changed Aekta's life from an abusive marriage to the career of dreams in journalism and a new, loving husband
- Discover the oneness of life
- The 3 simple things that women in India really want
- The most popular story in eShe's history -- the story of an unwed woman in rural India who has 22 children, runs a business, an NGO, and empowers women!
Nuggets of Wisdom from Aekta
- "Finding God is such a tremendous gift that even if you have to do it again, you’ll do it again. Sometimes your path is terrible but it’s your path. And you can’t say I don’t want it because it’s too late now. You’re already in it."
- "The internet is going to be the tool of women’s liberation in India in this century."
- "I want to change the world one woman at a time. When a woman realizes how worthy she is, there's a light that goes on in her. And that spreads to others and their own potential."
Links from this Episode
Looking for more time? Here's 10 Secrets for You!
It's unlike what you’ve seen before (Hint: there's no secret about schedules!).
This is what you need to jumpstart your life again on the surface AND deep within. These secrets will uncover time to Live and LOVE Life.
Are you ready?