"When you start something new, it’s uncomfortable. You don’t know what’s going to happen. You get scared. You overanalyze every little thing. You tend to delay things because it’s not perfect and knowing that it’ll never be perfect and you know, it is just something that you just have to accept and just keep going." - Sheena Yap Chan
What You’ll Learn in this Episode
- Embracing the unknown and just go with the flow.
- We can't always please the people we love. It takes time, and it is not easy.
- Starting something new is uncomfortable. You don't know what is going to happen. But just keep going.
- There are people that have worst situations than you do.
- Women must live the life that they want.
- Women's intuition is very strong but we are afraid to use it.
- 3 things Sheena says to herself when she is in doubt.
- What it takes to do a leap of faith.
- Tomorrow will be better.
Nuggets of Wisdom from Sheena
- I have learned to embrace the unknown and just go with the flow and just live life according to my plan.
- This life can be taken from us like at any given moment. And it’s like, I want to be able to look back and be like, I’m glad I was able to do, you know, certain things in my life.
- I can look back in life and be happy with the things that I’ve done and have no regrets.
- We can’t always please the people that we love, and we have to go there and do our own thing. Right now, they might not understand it but later on, they will. So sometimes, it just takes time and it is not always easy, there’s going to be like bad days but you know, this is your life, and you can look back and say, I was able to do this all on my own, like you’ll have a big smile on your face.
- You just start with an idea and then you take action on it and see where it can go.
- I am just glad I surround myself with people who will keep pushing me and just say, just do it. Regardless if it fails or not, just do it. At least you went out there and did it.
- When you start something new, it’s uncomfortable. You don’t know what’s going to happen. You get scared. You overanalyze every little thing. You tend to delay things because it’s not perfect and knowing that it’ll never be perfect and you know, it is just something that you just have to accept and just keep going.
- Just hearing these women’s stories really helped me realize my own confidence and my own worth.
- Sometimes, we look at ourselves, and we’re like, what’s wrong with me? And there’s someone out there who’s far, who’s you know what a worst situation than us but is able to overcome it and actually do something with their life and impact people in a positive way. So, it’s just like, if it’s possible for her, it’s possible for everyone else.
- I want women to realize that you know you can live life anyway you want. There are so many ways to live life and with confidence. Confidence comes in so many forms. It is not always just like being loud and boisterous. You can be who you are and have confidence. You can be an introvert and still be confident. You can be shy and still be confident. You can be an extrovert and still be confident.
- You don’t have to take huge steps. You can take small steps to build your confidence. I know sometimes when we don’t take that big step, we feel like a failure but actually, it’s taking these small steps daily that make that big result.
- A women’s intuition is really strong, and we tend not to use it because we are so afraid.
- You just have to find your people. You’ll know by working on yourself, learning to love yourself, learning to be kind to yourself because then you will start realizing the kind of love that you deserve from other people.
- It takes a lot of courage to just take a leap of faith. It’s not easy.
- It’s crazy what most people can do and what they’re capable of when they realize they have the capabilities and abilities to go out there to go after their dreams and learning to love themselves for who they are and that’s including your flaws, your weaknesses because that’s a part of us, and we all have flaws and weaknesses. We are all not perfect. And that’s fine.
- You see all that glory but you never know what the story is. Most people see the glory of people’s success but they never listen to what they went through to get there.
- (Roadblocks) This is just a part of life and when we overcome them, it builds us to be more confident. It builds us to be stronger. And it helps us keep going because confidence is something that we do every single day.
- Confidence is being willing to come back up every time you fall down.
- Legacy: I just want women, especially Asian women to realize their potential and their worth. And to be able to live life according to their terms versus always being told what to do.
- Failure is just maybe a temporary defeat and that you can always get back up and prosper and be stronger and be more confident.
Links from this Episode
Looking for more time? Here's 10 Secrets for You!
It's unlike what you’ve seen before (Hint: there's no secret about schedules!).
This is what you need to jumpstart your life again on the surface AND deep within. These secrets will uncover time to Live and LOVE Life.
Are you ready?