This episode had me breathing hard...but not in that way! Dr. Jen Esquer, AKA Doc Jen Fit and Top 40 PT influencer, shared so much valuable information about our bodies and breathwork. I was literally doing the exercises as she was sharing and you will too!
As a Doctor in Physical Therapy, Doc Jen, has the vast knowledge about our bodies and taken it a step further. She is passionate about connecting and LISTENING to your body. When you focus on what you CAN do and take care of your body through variability and mobility, you will see how your life transforms.
With her app, Doc Jen Fit - The Optimal Body, exercises for every part of your body are categorized for you to find exactly what you need!
What You’ll Learn in this Episode
- What your sympathetic vs. parasympathetic systems are and how it affects our body, tension and inflammation
- The 4 types of conversations with your body
- How to connect to your body...especially the parts that are neglected
Nuggets of Wisdom from Doc Jen
- "Create practices that take time to listen to your body"
- "Your body is worth listening to"
- Breathwork for 5 minutes daily: Inhale through the nose from lower rib cage/diaphragm for 3 seconds, Exhale through the mouth like you're blowing up a balloon for 8 seconds.
Links from this Episode
Looking for more time? Here's 10 Secrets for You!
It's unlike what you’ve seen before (Hint: there's no secret about schedules!).
This is what you need to jumpstart your life again on the surface AND deep within. These secrets will uncover time to Live and LOVE Life.
Are you ready?