Wanna know what happened? Of course you do! Who doesn't want to hear juicy gossip, lol?! Fair warning, this is long but it's worth it!
Ok, so let's start with the bad so we can get it out of the way...
Sooooo...I see one of her posts and one of the comments was SO dismissive of her and her product. Now I typically avoid any 'controversy' on Facebook but in this moment something irked me.
No, it pissed me off. It really did!
WHY OH WHY WILL YOU COME ON A PUBLIC PLATFORM AND DISMISS SOMEONE? Ok, clearly this is happening daily, like every second actually, but this hurt me personally. It was mean and it was so crab in the bucket (you know when a crab is trying to get out of a bucket and the other crabs try to grab the crab to pull it back down?).
I don't like crabs in the bucket.
Even more so, I don't believe in crabs in the bucket. One because I don't believe we are actually crabs, lol! But also, because I believe in a world where women support each other. Celebrate each other. Have fun together. Do purposeful work. Make a difference. That collectively, women WILL change the world for the positive.
Call me an idealist because I AM. And it's true. The data shows that successful women give back to their loved ones and the community. Time and time again.
On the flip side this weekend, I went to the funnest Gal-entine (Valentine with gals) party. It was in my hometown, where I was visiting, and I got to see so many of my friends and we had such a blast! PJs, games, snacks, and a white elephant with gorgeous necklaces?! It was like the best slumber party I never got to go to (my parents never let me sleepover at anyone's house when I was little!). It was so full of good energy and connecting to beautiful and amazing women!
So being filled with all this love and good vibes and then.....
coming home and seeing that ugly comment was just too jarring for me.
So I commented back for the first time with something bold and thoughtful. The ugly commenter responded with something that further pissed me off and I was so angry!
But not at her - I felt sorry for her. I felt sorry that she thought it was ok to be mean to someone because deep down she is probably even meaner to herself.
I was angry I got pulled into nonsense. And wasted my energy on a trolless.
Because I want to be around goddesses. Women who fiercely care, deeply feel, and love so hard. Women who want to make a difference and are trying their best in their homes, workplaces or businesses.
Those of us who want more but sometimes (many times) have our own fears or get lost in trying to do things 'perfect'. The ones who feel lonely at times because we don't totally fit in and our deeply feeling selves need a space to find others like us.
To know we're not weird...but SO FREAKING SPECIAL.
YOU are so special!
Sure -- life isn't always what you expected, and there are days you feel down, stuck, and like a downright failure. Getting lost in the compare game and feeling like you're not where you want to be or your time may have passed for that thing
But THEN there are the days where you know what you're capable of, the times you remember knocking life out of the park! When your light was shining SO bright.
And you still feel that sparkle twinkling, knowing there is MORE for you. Knowing you have so much in you that you're yearning to share, to give, to love.
Most times, there are no words to describe the feeling. It's just a feeling you actually feel. It pulsates in your body like tingly things or other times it's a moment of deep peace where everything is clear.
And you're ready.
You can't keep living with 'just fine' or worse than that.
NO. YOU CANNOT.
You are moved, inspired and going to be something. I see it for you and know it with every being of my heart and soul.
You are the goddess I want to be talking to and spending my time with. And you deserve to be around others like you.
I want a beautiful community of soul sisterhood where we support each other. Love each other. Talk about positive things, celebrate and laugh. And also share vulnerably, cry and hold each other in the pain that life can give.
Because you're not one dimensional.
You're dynamic, intelligent, creative, purposeful, and beautiful.
Here's what's happening and I want to invite you to be a part of it. It's borne out of an inspiration I've been sitting on and this weekend pushed me to do because, well, #timesup for nonsense. Sometimes the most beautiful things bloom out of the crappiest ish.
I'm creating a private VIP community of amazing women like you. It's going to be a space where you'll deeply connect. An intimate space of soul sisterhood. It's going to be virtual so you feel connected no matter where you are.
If you've ever come to one of my local sister's circles over the years, you'll know the beauty of what comes together when you have an intimate space to share and be yourself. Lifelong friendships develop, lives transform and having a great set of girlfriends can make all the difference. Over the years, the convos have spanned from deep spirituality to love to heartache to crazy dreams to vibrating underwear (that's not a typo!) to show and tell to furniture/paint choices to men/in-laws/kids to inspiration and stepping into your most authentic self. Basically, talking about everything that fills our tanks to Full. And when you're filled full, you're FULFILLED. (#wordnerd)
You're not meant to go at life alone...women's circles are as old as time and I want to bring it back again. In a world that's constantly moving, pushing us to be picture perfect (which isn't even true!), and has no time for what really matters - this is going to be a pattern interrupt to bring balance back in your life.
You're going to get to 'sit on the couch together' with other like minded women and all from the comfort of your own couch and pjs. Or maybe your office or minivan or wherever your phone can go!
This space will provide privacy, openness, no judgment, and soul nourishing good vibes. Let me take care of the logistics and technology so you can just join!
The VIP community will include:
- Girls' Night Ins with virtual hangouts in our pjs with chai/coffee in hand.
- First on the agenda will be a show and tell party where we'll share something we're proud of and celebrate each other. (these are literally the best parties I've ever had!)
- Surprise giveaways (think Sephora, Anthropologie, and anywhere Amazon Prime can ship!)
- LIVE events throughout the country (I already plan to be in 4 major cities this year including DC, Chicago, San Diego, and of course Dallas)!
- A private facebook community for the day to day chillin'. A news feed of positivity and connection. The best part is that only people in the private group will see what you post. There's no notification to others of what you liked or commented because it's not public. It's just going to be us soul sisters chatting, sharing and connecting!
- Resources, videos, and access to everything I know around life, love, home, money, time, travel, really anything. You can ask me anything and I'll be able to answer candidly (because I'm getting tired of the random Pakistani guys messaging me on my public page!).
- The results include (but are not limited to!) connection, confidence, calm and clarity. When you have these things, you WILL feel happy, balanced and fulfilled.
To join, it's a $27/month subscription. Now before you're like why is there a cost associated with it?? I'm going to be so transparent right here about why I made this decision.
- Did you know you're the average of the 5 closest people to you? Now I hope at least 2 of those are decent but if you want to amp things up in your life and really see change, a good circle can be all the difference. There's a value to having great people around you for your mindset, growth and balance. I'd love for our community to be one of those people for you. I can promise you on my side, I will not hold back on the positivity, encouragement, fun and practical tips to make your life easy and meaningful.
- I don't want lurkers, trolls or randoms (LTR). No LTRs allowed. People who are going to just read and carry on. I'm passionate about creating an actual community -- and money brings in only those who are also committed. Intimacy and creating an open space is the most important part of making this group successful and that means making people comfy. Free = Lurkers, trolls and randoms. So that's a no.
- It's an investment in yourself. There's a change in our psyche when we exchange money for something. When something is free, it's easy to dismiss it because there's no skin in the game. But when you pay for something, you want to get your money's worth. If you're ready for things to change and have the support that will catapult you to the next level, then you HAVE to invest in yourself. There's no other way (whether it's this or something else).
- This number is so cost effective, I don't even know what to say. It's less than a starbucks a day, it's less than a dollar a day...honestly I don't even have to convince you on this. It's either a Yes or no. Go with what your heart says here. If you are ready to take the next step...if you've been ready -- this is your space to shine and get the fuel to push forward. I'm committed to providing you an engaged, intimate, and positive space to grown into your best self.
- You'll be grandfathered into this price, even when it goes up. Yes, it will go up because I want to keep this community right and tight as we move forward. And that means making it more and more exclusive as time goes on. But if you sign up now, you'll always get the $27/month option. And you can cancel at anytime.
You ARE going to make a difference. You better believe it because I do!
If you're a yes, you can sign up here.
See you soon!
p.s. The short version of this post? There was a trolless and many more goddesses (aka you!) and it's time to grow together. You're invited to join my VIP community with girls night ins, live events, gifts galore, AND a private facebook group to have soul convos on the couch (virtually). It will be confidential and interactive with like minded women sharing and connecting. Sign up here!