Nour Zibdeh, world renowned Functional Nutritionist, shares why what you see on the outside is an indication of how nourished your body is from the inside.
"Think of it as the root or the seeds. If you have good soil then, you are going to have beautiful fresh looking flowers and trees. But if the soil is nutrient-empty, then it's not healthy. You're not going to have healthy looking plants."
What You'll Learn in this Episode
- If you can't visualize what an ingredient is, then you probably shouldn't eat it.
- The combination of things in real food is going to be different than supplements. Supplements supplement healthy eating. They don't replace the food choices that you make.
- You control your thoughts. If you keep telling yourself that eating healthy is difficult or healthy food doesn’t taste good or it’s too much work. All these things, you are like sabotaging yourself. You are your own worst enemy.
- Start with the decision that this is important to me. I’m going to do this for myself. I’m going to do this for my family.
- We can do so much in the preventive as a non-invasive way to help if someone is having issues. There is so much you can do; the problem is some of that information is not as out there.
Nuggets of Wisdom from Nour
- You decide how you are going to feed that body. Your story doesn’t end with your genes. Your story is what the choices that you make every single day.
- Don't be too hard on yourself. Every effort to get to a good healthy body, to making the right choices, all of it will have a cumulative effect and will make a big difference.
- It’s really how you feed the inside of your body. Health is from the inside out. What you see in the outside is an indication of how nourished your body is from the inside.
- By helping people find the right choices to support their body suddenly have so much more energy. They're exercising more. They'e happier. They are able to take care of their kids better. They are more productive at work. All sorts of benefits. For me, that is the reward, being able to see this transformation.