It's the most wonderful time of the year! You might be thinking Christmas but for many Muslims, Ramadan - the holy month of fasting is the best time of the year. Even though we aren't eating/drinking from sunrise to sunset for the whole month...we're full from so much more. Spirituality, reflection, community and infinite Divine possibility! Listen in to learn more about this sacred month (from my personal perspective) and in typical fashion, I'll share some insider secrets with you that are HILARIOUS!
What You'll Learn in this Episode
- The Ramadan basics - when, how, and why would people fast for 30 days?!
- Why women don't fast for 30 days - it's true!
- How Ramadan makes you more efficient in your day!
- The best dua list you can have this Ramadan (check out the 'Links from this Episode' below to get it)
Nuggets of Wisdom from Shazia
- Ramadan is so much for than not eating or drinking. It's about going inwards and reflecting. Connecting to God in the most intimate way.
- Ask for everything you want in Ramadan - God has promised to accept the prayers of a fasting person
- If you're not Muslim but see a Muslim out there, wish them a Happy Ramadan! It makes our day! :)